Electrical Aggregation Update!
The program with Constellation will end in July, 2018 and the Village has entered into an agreement with another provider, Dynegy.
To participate in the program, residents need not take any further action as they will be automatically enrolled. To reject enrollment, residents may opt-out before May 25th using the instructions in the attached letter, which also contains a list of FAQs. They may also opt out any time during the agreement with no fees or penalties.
- Those already in the program will experience no change on their ComEd bill other than the supplier name changing from Constellation to Dynegy, and the new rate of 7.277 cents/kWh starting July 2018.
- Those not currently in the program will be entered in effective July 2018.
- Residents who have chosen their own supplier outside of the program will experience no change in their chosen provider or rate.
ComEd finally released their Price-To-Compare and we have good news to share!
1. From June of 2018 through May 2019, the average Price-To-Compare is 7.697cents/kWh.
2. With the Village of North Barrington’s new electric aggregation program starting July 2018, you secured a rate of 7.277 cents/kWh – a 5% savings over the Price-to-Compare.
- What this means for the Village as a whole: $92,245 savings annually
- What this means for each household: $76 savings annually
School's Out Concert! Wednesday, May 30th at Eton Park from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Christmas Light Recycling- container is located inside the North Barrington Village Hall.
- Shoes and Boots -We now collect and recycle unwearable athletic shoes at our Village Hall. We also collect other styles of used — but wearable — shoes and boots and donate them to charity. For more information, contact the Village Hall, 847-381-6000.
Flower Vases - Don't know what to do with all those unwanted vases in your cabinet? Please save and drop off any style flower vase to be used for flower arrangement donations to local health care and nursing home facilities The charity organization "Random Acts of Flowers" will arrange and deliver lovely floral arrangements to help cheer residents using your old vases. Drop off is accepted at our Prairie Land's Lake Barrington office (21988 N. Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, Illinois - office hours 8-5 M-F, Saturday 8-12) at regular hours (please bring into office).... Please wrap all vases in bubble wrap or news paper for transport. Medium size vases up to (13 inches) glass, plastic, ceramic, and metal are accepted. Thank you making a difference in someone's life!
Consider joining the Parks and Recreation Commission or Environment & Health Commission. To sign up contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org *Application for Volunteer Position