News and Information:
Barrington Area Council of Governments (BACOG) Private Well Water testing event scheduled for Wednesday, October 11th.
October 2-6, purchase test kits at Village and Township offices during regular office hours. Kits are $16 and have exact change or checks made payable to "Lake County Health Department". Drop off will be at the Garlands of Barrington between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. More information can be found on their website.
Protect your property from theft - A message from the Lake County Sheriff's Office
As some of you may be aware, Lake County has had an influx of stolen vehicles and burglary to vehicles since June. A majority of these vehicles are left UNLOCKED with the keys IN THE VEHICLE. Since June 1st, there have been 28 stolen vehicles and approximately 200 burglary to vehicles which have occurred in Lake County. Several of these offenses have occurred in North Barrington.
To date, 16 people have been arrested and charged in relation to the above crimes, however, these incidents continue to occur. Since vehicles are being left unlocked with the keys left inside, they are easy targets.
The Sheriff’s Office has been proactive in sending out messages on social media as well as conducting press releases reminding residents to lock their cars and remove the keys. We have also been working as part of a task force in the Chicagoland area to help combat these crimes on a larger scale.
Please remember to lock your vehicles and remove your keys. Keep in mind that leaving a spare key fob in the vehicle and locking it with a second key fob generally leaves one (or more) of the car doors unlocked. People often think they are locking their vehicles when in fact the second fob is preventing that from happening as a safety feature. Removing ALL the keys and ALL the key fobs is the only way to properly assure that criminals cannot easily gain access to vehicles and steal them.
New Ordinances include:
- Keeping of Bees and Chickens. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding the residential keeping of Bees and Chickens. The ordinance in its entirety can be found here. If you have additional questions, please contact Building and Zoning Officer Kelly Rafferty at 847-381-6000, ext. 14
- Rental Properties. The Village Board recently passed an Ordinance regarding Short Term Rentals.
- Rental by the preceding owner following sale to a new owner.
- Rental of a different home by a resident of the Village following the sale of such resident’s home.
- Rental for a period of less than 93 days where the owner receives from the Village Administrator a permit upon payment of a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) and upon providing to the Village Administrator evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Village Administrator that the primary purpose of the rental is other than the holding of one or more parties or other gatherings of more than ten (10) persons. Upon any rental the property owner shall remain responsible for compliance with all applicable provisions of the Village Code.
- Shoe Recycling at the Village Hall!
We now collect and recycle unwearable athletic shoes at our Village Hall. We also collect other styles of used — but wearable — shoes and boots and donate them to charity. For more information, contact the Village Hall, 847-381-6000.
- Food Scrap Recycling click on the link for more information http://www.prairielanddisposal.com/recycling/#food... or you may contact Prairieland Disposal at 847-381-9300 to subscribe.